- 3 lb (48 oz) Boneless Chicken Breast or Thigh
- 6 oz Goya Sofrito Tomato Cooking Base
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 chipotle peppers (chopped finely), Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce, Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 container (6 oz) tomato paste
- 16oz Vigo Saffron Yellow Rice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (divided)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 Green Bell Peppers, chopped
- Place chicken in Instant Pot. Seal and set on Poultry/15 minutes. Use natural pressure release when done.
- Drain chicken and replace in Instant Pot. Using a hand mixer with beater attachments, shred chicken (this can also be done using 2 forks instead of a hand mixer).
- Add sofrito base, lime juice, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and salt. Mix well.
- Add tomato paste and mix well (mixture will be thick).
- Prepare saffron rice according to directions. Use 2 Tbsp olive oil when called for.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to a frying pan. When hot, add onion and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add green peppers to onions and fry 2 minutes more.
- Mix onion and peppers with prepared saffron rice.