- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (may substitute 1/2 cup for white whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and lime juice until light and fluffy.
In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually blend in the flour mixture, then fold in the coconut and dried cranberries.
Drop dough by tablespoon onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Let cool 5 minutes then remove to wire racks.