- 3 lbs (48 oz) chicken breast cutlets
- 2 packets taco seasoning (I like Ortega Chipotle Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups water (divided)
Corn and Roasted Peppers
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 3 poblano peppers, diced
- 4 sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 servings of Refried Beans (see recipe)
Toppings (for each serving)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 2 oz salsa
- 1 oz sour cream
- 2 crunchy taco shells, crushed
- Add chicken breast to instant pot with 1 cup water and set to 20 minutes on High Pressure.
- When done, release pressure and remove chicken breast to a large bowl. Drain water used in cooking. Using an electric mixer, shred chicken.
- Add shredded chicken back to pot. Add taco seasoning, with 1 cup water. Mix well.
- Set oven to Broil (for roasting corn and peppers)
- Spread corn and diced peppers on a lightly-greased baking sheet (may be best to split into 2 batches to ensure even cooking). Sprinkle with salt. Broil 15-20 minutes, checking every few minutes and stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Prepare refried beans according to recipe.
- Split chicken, corn/peppers, and beans between 8 meal prep containers. Top with 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- In separate smaller containers, add 2 Tbsp salsa and 1 Tbsp sour cream for each meal.
- To prepare each meal, microwave chicken/corn/beans for 2 minutes (stirring halfway through). Top with salsa/sour cream, and crushed taco shells.